CompassionReturn to: Virtues
Original Class: Bard
Original Home City: Britain
Opposing Dungeon: Despise
*Britain is the original town of Compassion, Cove is nearest the shrine, but, in Ultima IV, was dedicated to the One True Axiom and housed the Shrine of Virtue, dedicated to the Path of the Avatar. Later, Cove became the town of Love, due to the influence of the nearby Shrine of Compassion.
The Virtue of Compassion has been described thusly:
in Ultima Online[Information obtained from official UO.com Website]
- First step: Resurrected character returns to life with 20% of their maximum Hits.
- Second step: Resurrected character returns to life with 40% of their maximum Hits.
- Third step: Resurrected character returns to life with 80% of their maximum Hits.
- Players who resurrect pets may restore a certain amount of the pet’s HP
- Up to 20% of the pet’s Max HP at 120.0% Veterinary and 120.0% Animal Lore
- Up to an additional 20% based on the player’s Compassion level
- Seeker of Compassion: 5%
- Follower of Compassion: 10%
- Knight of Compassion: 20%
- Resurrection health bonus is capped at 200 HP
- Added a ten second timer before pets can be resurrected (helps prevent accidental bandage use)
Points in Compassion may be earned up to five times in a given day.
Players that are [young] will not be able to earn Compassion points.
The amount of points gained for completing a prisoner quest will be more than those gained for completing an escort quest.
You can find more information about escorting NPCs in the section on Escorting NPCs.
Once you’ve achieved any number of Compassion points, you are considered to have achieved a certain step on the path of Compassion. By achieving each step, you are able to acquire a special virtue title that is displayed whenever you hover your cursor over the Compassion symbol (the heart) in the virtue menu. The steps and titles available are as follows:
- First step: Seeker of Compassion
- Second step: Follower of Compassion
- Third step: Knight of Compassion
Compassion points will wear off over time, which means you can lose your virtue title. In order to keep your title, you’ll need to continue to gain Compassion points.
Last modified: September 25, 2011