Barter Town Casino
- “Casino Night” is going to be Barter Town’s signature, recurring, shard wide event. We hope to hold this event multiple times, either every other week or monthly.
- We’re completely ripping off the Knuckleheads casino games & rules from their casino on Drachenfels. All credit goes to them. Don’t let anyone else tell you otherwise.
- Currently, all games in the casino are dice games. Scroll down to see a copy of the rule book. (There are also copies of this rule book inside the casino itself.)
- All exchanges of money will be done with blessed checks.
- No fighting in the casino.
- No stealing in the casino… within reason. For the most part, if you’re here for the event, you’ll be left alone by us. If you’re outside with an non-cursed Ornament of the Magician then you’re just asking to be stolen from.
- You will be required to hand over your wager first. After the game is complete, then we’ll hand back your winnings.
- You’ll have to take my word for this but, ALL GAMES ARE LEGIT. Like I stated above, this is planned to be a recurring event and no one will ever return if we start cheating people out of their money. Ironically, the truth is that a legit casino will probably generate more gold than a corrupt casino.
- The doors to the 2nd floor will be set to “anyone” on the day of an event. (Otherwise, they will be secure. But the 1st floor of to the casino bar is always public and has a public Crystal Portal if you’re ever in the area.
How to Play:
- There are 2 tables in the casino, each table able to accept up the 3 players and 1 dealer each.
- Once you find an open seat, you can stay for as long as you like, for as long as the event runs. First come first serve. If you see other people waiting for their turn, it’s up to you if you want to give up your seat.
- This means that up to 6 people will be able to play at a time (as long as there are at least 2 dealers available for that event date.)
- At the table, each of the 3 players will take turns choosing a game and announcing a wager (and handing their check to the dealer).
- We will be accepting wagers of 10k, 100k, and 1 Million Gold. We’ll have some checks for purchase on vendors, but please try and bring some of your own checks in advance.
- There are a total of 6 different dice games to choose from.
- After a game is set and a wage is made, you’ll then follow the rules stated in the rule book for the chosen game. If you win, you’ll be paid your winnings immediately. After you’re done, the next person at the table will repeat this process.
- If you want to see a casino in action, please check out this Knuckleheads produced Youtube video HERE. We’re going to run it exactly the way you see it in the video.
Dice Game Rules:
Why are we doing this?
- It’s about time Barter Town had it’s own signature event.
- This event will directly bring people to Barter Town.
- This event will indirectly bring people to Siege Perilous.
- It fits the theme of the town.
- It seems like a good fit. It’s an in-game player run event where only blessed items are exchanged. A player can attend this event completely naked with nothing but blessed checks in their backpack and still participate fully.
- The first ever Casino Night will be next Sunday at 6:00pm EST.
- This is just a test run and it will only last for 1 hour. (We may extend the event time in later events.