Backpack ArtReturn to: Character and Lifestyle
|ULTIMA ONLINE BACKPACK ART CONTEST|
|New Art | Contest Winners | Other Player Entries | Other Backpack Art | Contest Rules|
|ULTIMA ONLINE BACKPACK ART|
UO Stratics is welcoming in the announcement of “UO: Age of Shadows” with a fun contest for the Ultima Online community. Do you run a creatively designed Player Vendor or just enjoy setting up your Backpack in unusual layouts? Then this is one you’ll definitely want to check out! So what is the “Ultima Online Backpack Art Contest”? Basically, we are looking for unusual and unique designs using the existing artwork found within Ultima Online and laid out in such a way that it creates Art. Themes can range from the abstract to specific themes surrounding the latest Scenarios, to anything else you feel is appropriate.1. Guidelines:
- Backpack Art submissions need to be cropped in size so that the image submitted only shows the backpack itself as well as the art found within it. DO NOT submit Full-Screen Screenshots.
- It is IMPORTANT that entries be created in only GIF, PNG or BMP format, then e-mailed to Joshua Rowan in a WinZip condensed file. If you do not have WinZip already, then please visit their site HERE for a free evaluation version. NOTE that any submissions not in this format will not be accepted.
- No advertising (such as website links) or Guild Promotions in the image, please.
- All entries will be judged on a) Originality and b) Faithfulness to the atmosphere of Ultima.
2. Entry: No purchase necessary. Limit one entry per person. The contest begins July 20, 2002 and ends August 10, 2002. All entries must be received by 11:59 PM EST on August 10, 2002.3. Winner Selection: Winners will be selected by the UO Stratics staff. Each entry will be evaluated by the staff and after careful review, the top selections will be awarded. Award winners will be announced on August 16, 2002. Winners will be notified via email and an announcement will also be made on the UO Stratics web site.
4. Prizes: 1st Place will receive first choice of the following three prizes: A) A full copy of Electronic Arts’ “The Sims”, the highest selling computer game of all time; B) An Ultima Online T-Shirt personally signed by the UO Dev Team [Collector’s Item]; and C) An Ultima Online Wall Poster, also signed by the UO Dev Team [Collector’s Item]. 2nd Place will receive their choice between the remaining two prizes, and 3rd Place will receive the final prize. All other entries, as long as they meet requirements, will be displayed on an upcoming Backpack Art Section along with the name and shard of the artist.
5. Eligibility: This contest is open to all worldwide 18 and older. All Stratics Team Members and OSI employees not eligible. Void where prohibited by law.
6. Conduct: By entering this Contest, you agree to be bound by these rules.
7. Winners List: The name of the prize winners will be posted on the UO Stratics site.
8. Disclaimer Legal Stuff: By placing material on or communicating with the Stratics bulletin boards, forums or submitting material for publication you hereby grant to Stratics and their affiliates and related entities the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, copy, modify, display, distribute and reproduce all such materials in any form, media, software or technology of any kind now existing or developed in the future. You also agree to indemnify, defend and hold Stratics harmless against any claims or costs, including attorneys’ fees, arising from the use or distribution of those materials. You further grant Stratics the right to use your name in connection with the reproduction or distribution of such material.
Have fun! I look forward to seeing what you all come up with!
Last modified: March 27, 2011