Return to: Carpentry Essay
Carpentry | Stonecrafting | Professions: the Carpenter
- Stonecrafting is a skill that can only be learned by Grandmaster Carpenters
- This skill does not cost any skill points, and has no effect on the skill cap
- To learn how to craft stone a GM Carpenter must read the book “Making Valuables With Stonecrafting”
- The book “Making Valuables With Stonecrafting” can be bought from Gargoyle Stone Crafters in Royal City, Ter Mur
- The book costs about 10,000 gold
- The book will be destroyed after it has been read by a GM Carpenter
- To create stone items, you need to use a tool called ‘mallet and chisels’
- Mallet and chisels can be bought from Gargoyle Shopkeepers for a few gold pieces
- Mallet and chisels do wear out, just like pickaxes and shovels
- You can select to make stone items in various shades, if you are carrying the right shades of granite on you
- To create different colored stone items, make sure you select the color you want from the Stonecrafting menu
- To craft an item from colored granite, you will notice an arrow and selection on the bottom left of your menu. The button should say NORMAL by default. Hit that arrow
to select a different style granite, such as Valorite, Verite, etc.
- Stone tables are created as a deed
- Colored stone table deeds show the color of the granite used
- Granite is mined my miners
- Only weapons and armor made with Stonecrafting may carry a maker’s mark
- Weapons and armor crafted in colored granite will have the same bonus properties as armor pieces crafted by a blacksmith from the equivelant metal (eg items made from gold ingots have 40 luck as a property, items made from gold granite will also have 40 luck)
- Plain stone armor, or monster loot stone armor, can be enhanced with colored stone. Bonuses will be the same as those given by the equivelant metal.
- Runic mallet and chisels are a rare reward from the three quest givers at the Ter Mur Soulforge (normal reward being an imbuing power scroll).
*Requires 75 tailoring skill
Last modified: June 23, 2014