Stealing From MonstersReturn to: Miscellaneous
|Professions: The Thief | Stealing Skill | Stealing from Monsters | Doom Stealables | Tokuno Stealables |Underworld & Abyss Stealables | UO Crime Forum|
|Stealing Items from Monsters|
Publish 57, December 2008 introduced the ability to steal various items from monsters:
- A given monster can be stolen from once in its lifetime
- There is no backpack to snoop, use random steal and target the monster.
- Gold, bandages, gems, potions, scrolls
- Thieves with GM skills or higher have a chance at stealing rare items
- Seed of Life, Mana Draught, Gem of Salvation, Balm of Strength, Balm of Wisdom, Balm of Swiftness, Balm of protection, Stone Skin Lotion and Life Shield Lotion.
Drop rate on stealables:
- GM Stealing: 2%
- 100.1 to 110 Stealing: 5%
- 110.1 to 119.9 Stealing: 8%
- 120.0 Stealing: 10%
Stealing Bonus based on monster fame
For the purposes of stealing, a monster’s fame is now scaled from 1 to 40 (previous fame levels 1 to 5). Level 40 being the equivalent of 30,000 fame points. The higher the fame level, the higher the stealing bonus.
Stealing bonus by fame level:
0 % below level 15
1% below level 25
2% below level 35
3% below level 40
5% at level 40
So a thief with 120 skills stealing from a level 40 monster would have a 15% chance of obtaining a rare drop.
- Players cannot steal twice from the same monster
- Rare items only drop in Fel Dungeons and Champ Spawn areas (all facets)
Trammel & Felucca
The stealables are consumables. Using a Balm or Lotion while one is already active will replace the effects of the first, not combine them. The list includes:
Here is one example of stealing from monsters. I chose to steal from this Elder Gazer for the following reasons:
- The Elder has neither bandages, gems, scrolls or potions in its loot table. Therefore only gold or special items can be stolen. Gold can be sent to the bank with a bag of sending
- The room in which this particular Elder Gazer spawns is large, allowing space to cast the summons I use without being targetted myself.
- The fame from killing the beast is sufficient to build Sacrifice virtue to a useful level should an accident occur.
- The gold take, partially from stealing and partially from looting the corpses is not insignificant.
The disadvantages are:
- The summons needs to be healed, so I cannot stay hidden
- The Elder will sometimes dispel the summons, I need to be alert for that happening and avoid being targetted in its absence.
- An occasional Elder will dispel the summons repeatedly.
Compiled by Petra Fyde from official documentation.
Last modified: April 25, 2014